Thursday 18 November 2010

Screen printing material for packaging

So today was the big day!
I've fallen back in love with the print room, it always seems a lot more process in my head but i managed to prepare my screen so quickly with the help of wendy. i've never printed onto material before so she helped me to prepare my screen and it was ready in no time.
Mixing the colour was SO confusing as i was working from an image of a material on screen that would have printed out a different colour digitally so after a lot of questions to the mac guys i decided to mix a colour that best represented the one on the photo then work backwards... match the screen printed colour with a pantone swatch then apply this to my designs.

Mixing colours







Testing on fabric



FINALLY!

Screen prints for outer packaging, incense and henna... also created the tags.

Next was the foiling onto the fabric, i was advised to iron my fabric first to seal the paint if not the foil could stick to everything and that would be pretty darn disastrous. I tried a few samples that worked well then crossed my fingers and went for it... and yes of course they were right it worked yey!

Had a bit of difficulty with the glue used for foiling as it dried so quickly on my screen i had to re wash it after every print that took quite a bit of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment