Monday 12 October 2009

Summer Type Brief

Over the summer I created an alphabet of type to express me. I started by writing a list of things to do with my life and my personality, from this list i decided to base my work on natural elements as i like working with these and it expresses where I live, what I like, what elements I enjoy working with and also reflects my personality. I made this alphabet by collecting and arranging flowers into the letterforms then photographing each letter and editing the background on Photoshop. I decided lowercase letters would work better as they are more rounded and natural, the letters i found the most difficult to make were 'w', 'x', 'y', 'z' etc. this was because i had think about how the flowers could be arranged to look natural yet follow a rigid shape. If i were to continue my exploration I would make sure the letters were all to the same scale, also base it on an existing type form as i think this would make it appear more professional.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 


 
 
 







 
 
 
 
 
The second part of our summer brief was to collect 30 Letterforms for each letter in the alphabet, these had to be collected from various sources. We then had to sort the letterforms into an order, this could be based on the colour, size, style etc. We decided to base ours on colour and tried to show a gradual change of colour.

By showing small sections of the colour range we can see how the hues are similar. 

No comments:

Post a Comment