Friday 22 October 2010

Engaging with music Questionnaire- outcomes

From my research i have gathered together a large amount of ways to engage with music, not all of them connect with Fever Ray but have been helpful to understand peoples connection with music.

Where i like to listen to music?
-in clubs and bars
-festivals
-live gigs
-in the car on long journeys so i can listen to a full album, i like how music makes me feel differently depending on the scenery and what time of day it is when i'm driving.
-in bed it soothes me and helps me to relax
-my alarm clock, i choose an upbeat song to wake me up and put me in the right mood to kick start the day
-on the go, i use my i-pod a lot, i find i engage with the music best walking or on the train
-at house parties, it sets the mood of the party and gets everyone in good spirits
-doing my work
-in the bath, to help me relax and de-stress

Items to aid engagement with music?
-candles
-friends
-a partner
-insense/ scented candles
-strobe/ flashing lights
-lasers
-images/ photographs
-costumes
-alcohol
-singing
-dancing
-playing an instrument
-drugs


More upbeat genres of music were enjoyed best at parties, bars, clubs, more sociable scenarios where as downbeat genres were better for one to one interaction, in the house, in the car, in the bath etc.

The most used aids of engagement were mood changing items such as lights, scented things, alcohol and drugs.
I will look at using candles and incense as these create light and smoke which are visual elements from the show that can be created at home! 

No comments:

Post a Comment