Friday 22 October 2010

Drawing with light

Lastnight we went to my friends house for tea, David Lindsay, he's a professional photographer based in leeds and studied at our art college. Seen as though its coming up to bonfire night i thought we'd treat us all by buying some sparklers... i wish i'd baught lots more now. Dave's always looking for a great chance to take some photo's so was quick to suggest some sparkler art :) we each had two sparklers each to blast some art around the garden.. here's a few of mine below. I might use them for my Blog titles as they're currently non-existent eek.

I started off with my name getting a feel for how much time i had, how it would appear and how much space i could use.
 I tried to create a tree, its funny how people don't know what it is until it appears in the camera
The single flower makes the garden come alive
I wanted my form to appear in the image, it looks like i'm trapped in a cage
From the single flower i had the idea of making a garden of flowers by running around the garden to different positions to draw the flowers, it makes them appear alive!
This last one was quite difficult to do ..i had 15 seconds to draw around all the guys in a line, the idea was to make them look like a human paperchain. a few trouser burns and a poke in the face later it worked and looks pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment