Wednesday 4 May 2011

Focusing my project.

After the crit today I realised that my project was not focused enough, although I had taken on the idea of the Mutton Quad brief from ISTD and developed it into a cafe so that i could do packaging design I still felt that i needed a base for my project. I'm rubbish at coming up with a name and creating an imaginary company so I started to think what i could base my work on. I knew that i wanted to create a cafe that was all about good, fresh, local produce and i wanted the graphics to reflect this, to be true and honest to its ingredients.

A few weeks ago i went to a local organic food shop local to me where my friend works, I was overwhelmed with the variety of beautiful fresh food on offer, a lot of which they grow on site. After a quick trip round all the greenhouses picking a few lettice leaves here and there I fell in love with what they do but was disappointed to see how much food was wasted. 

I'd like to base my cafe project on the Organic Pantry and develop a hypothetical project to re-brand and market the company to city go-ers. Being 10-15mins away from York and 25mins to Leeds I think it would be a great idea to open a cafe in the city to get rid of this extra food day to day.







No comments:

Post a Comment