Saturday 12 November 2011

BROTHERS GRIMM BOOKS

I really like the idea of packaged products for Brothers grimm stories yet it doesn't fit what I had planned to do for the brief, plus I don't know why people would choose to buy these products as they are very novelty.... I'm going to go back to book covers.

Ideas:

I need to create a concept for the interaction, what do the fairytales have in common... what are the books about?

I found a really interesting column in Stylist magazine on Fairytales with key sections on Brothers Grimm stories, it talked about the sinister side of the stories and how they've had to be re-written and what the original concepts were for the story and the underlying messages.... having read that it would be interesting to work with the idea of hiding and revealing messages or images that reflect on the two sides of the story.

This would have to be done in a playful light hearted manner as the books are for children and wouldn't be able to address the real issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment